Born and raised in the the great metropolis of Chicago, his art education started with comic books and the artists that created them: Jack Kirby, Frank Frazetta, and Steve Ditko to name a few. He attended the American Academy of Art where he studied under Fred Berger, Irving Shapiro, and Howard Mueller. There he discovered Michelangelo, Rembrandt, Howard Pyle, N.C. Wyeth and J.C. Leyendecker. He earned a post baccalaureate at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago in Visual Communication. MORE . . .
THOMAS GIANNI IN THE NEWS
- Highlights from Thomas Gianni's Saint Xavier University Art Gallery Opening
- Courtroom Artist Tom Gianni Has His Day in a Gallery Exhibition
- Journalist Tom Gianni Writes His Stories With Pictures
- Making Superheroes in Chicago
- Tom Gianni honored, Robert E. Howard Foundation
- WGN's Courtroom Artist: A Sketchy Outlook
- Courtroom Artists Getting the Brush
- Artbeat Chicago: Artist Tom Gianni
ALSO . . .
- Etsy Store Now Open!
Featuring Original Pulp Art Posters and Prints
- Illustrated Books:
Robert E. Howard's Pirate Stories, Cowboy Stories and Boxing Stories
- Graphic Novel:
- Mechanic Anna
- Opening Night at St. Xavier University Art Gallery
Thomas Gianni, book cover and courtroom sketch artist, displayed his work in the Saint Xavier University Art Gallery